Oregon Horse Country, as a business association, provides an opportunity for equine business owners to be represented to their city, county, and state elected officials. We have coordinated meetings with elected officials and equine event coordinators to help them better understand why county codes have limited shows from growing (and ultimately providing more transient room tax dollars for their region), with our contacts at the state level we have assisted in keeping equestrians tail options open at state parks, and have assisted facilities with code issues.
There are several ways that Oregon Horse Country can support your equine business or a local equine issue:
- Write letters to ask for equestrians to be involved or considered in community planning.
- Provide facts that assist equestrian facilities to remain in business.
- Assist with negotiations between equestrian show/event coordinators and their local government.
- Aid in the collection of data that can be used by equine enthusiasts across Oregon to support their projects.
- Work with tourism entities to promote and ensure the equine events are equally considered when funding and support is available for events.
"Since our first meeting, OHC has exceeded my expectations. OHC worked as a liason between Clackamas County and our horse show management company to help iron out some requests from neighbors in the community. We really appreciate having a local group that is always ready to help." Shelley Campf - co-owner of Team NW Equestrian Sports.