The equine industry is large in Oregon and ever growing, which is why at times there comes a need for a united voice to assist in maintaining our lifestyle and assure a positive image is presented for our industry.
There are several ways that advocacy can support a cause. We use it in the simplest ways and here are a few examples of what Oregon Horse Country does:
- Write letters to ask for equestrians to be involved or considered in community planning.
- Provide facts and statistics that assist equestrian facilities to remain in business.
- Assist with negotiations between equestrian show/event coordinators and their local government.
- Aid in the collection of data that can be used by equine enthusiasts across Oregon to support their projects.
- Work with tourism entities to promote and ensure the equine events are equally considered when funding and support is available for events.
"Since our first meeting, OHC has exceeded my expectations. OHC worked as a liason between Clackamas county and our horse show management company to help iron out some requests from neighbors in the community. We really appreciate having a local group that is always ready to help." Shelley Campf - co-owner of Team NW Equestrian Sports.
Oregon Horse Country is a separate membership program
of the Wilsonville Area Chamber of Commerce